Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Lord of the Flies

Just a quick rant about the mosquitoes. While I'm typing this rant, I have been in Tanzania for approximately 29 hours. I have managed to acquire 14 mosquito bites. Well, actually its 11 mosquito bites. The other 3 bites were from a bigger fly, who, of the 3 bites, I've seen him commit 2 of them. He is now dead. I don't know what he was but I have never seen insect bites develop so fast. They rapidly grew within 5 minutes of the bite and now, as I speak, 2 of them look like white water blisters about the size of a 5 cent coin, surrounded by red. The 3rd is a bit smaller than a 1 cent.... thankfully I guess. Why do they like me so much? I now stink like funky nail varnish due to the fly repellent. Just another 1525 hours for them to get me. So, if I keep up my average, only another 736 insect bites to go. By the time you read this, it will be much lower!!

Thankfully Elaine has a zapper. It looks like a tennis racket and sparks fly when I hit a mosquito. It's actually quite fun. But there are too many flies against just little old me. It's like crime. A never-ending fight.
(In this picture, there are 18 bites on my left foot alone - Enjoy!!!)

No comments: