Thursday, August 9, 2007

Fowl Play !!!!!

The chickens have run away !!!!

(Do you like the title of this post? I'm so proud !)

Sunday morning (5th August), exactly one week after buying the hens, I untied Fruhstuck (white hen). After I untied her, she still stayed in the yard. If I walked across them, Abendessen would usually hop up and climb out the fence but would always come back. Fruhstuck hadn't figured out how to escape yet.

Wednesday morning, 10.38am, public holiday, Nane nane (8th of the 8th), they were gone. I didn't think too much of it since Abendessen always jumped through the fence and always came back. Wednesday afternoon, 1.48pm, I was going to town, walked down the road, I think I saw them back at their old home. I wasn't going to run after 2 hens to find out they weren't mine after all. Plus, I still thought they might come back.

Wednesday night, 8.58pm, I put an alert out for 2 ungrateful hens on the run...... well, I told Elaine they had gone. Oh well, she said. Oh well, I agreed.
Thursday morning, 8.18am, I have accepted that the hens have gone forever.

I have decided that, they have until midnight tonight (Thursday night/Friday morning) to come back and things will be like they used to be, we will laugh, we will play and ..... well, no, they will just get fed properly but if they don't come back and I see them again before I leave, it's the frying pan for them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is very interesting for me to read the post. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read more soon.

Truly yours
Steave Markson