Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Fruhstuck, You're Free !!!

I felt that, after one week of being tied to a car wheel and being restricted to a radius of about 5 feet, that it was time to free Fruhstuck. Abendessen seems to realise that this is her home and doesn't stray far at all so I presumed Fruhstuck would do the same.

I was untying her in a fit of laughter as when I stood on the rope and she was trying to run away, she jumped on a flower pot, tried to jump off the other side but the rope wasn't long enough and her face ended up slamming on the ground. It was something you would see in a cartoon. Once her face was on the ground and her legs and arse pointing to the sky and resting on the flower pot, she didn't move. Maybe out of shock, fear or maybe out of embarrassment.

So anyway, she is now free, has been for a few days now and hasn't disappeared. I haven't seen her outside the yard yet so I honestly don't know if she knows how to get out. I don't know why she doesn't follow Abendessen. Anyway, I'm sure she will get it.

While on a dala dala, I was sitting in the front and I saw a goat run out onto the road with what looked like broken rope tied to it's neck and soon after, a young guy sprinting after it. The goat kept running in the middle of the road, almost getting hit by another dala dala. When the dala dala stopped, a car obviously thought it was stopping to let people get out, so it pulled out to pass it, quite fast. The goat was still running and almost ran face first into the front of the car but the car stopped just in time and the goat turned and ran down another street. By this time, the guy was wrecked and was shouting at other people, I'm presuming to try catch the goat. Sadly I didn't see the end of this as my dala dala drove on.

But, seeing this made me feel alot less stupid about when my hens first escaped about 10 minutes after I bought them. I wonder if he ever got the goat back.

No comments: